Schedule Your Consultation Today!Book Now
Regular dental exams are an important part of maintaining healthy teeth and a beautiful smile. When it’s time for their family’s dental exams, residents come to Complete Dental Care to make sure their teeth are as strong and healthy as possible.
Why Are Dental Exams Important?
During a dental exam, the dentist can thoroughly evaluate your teeth and gums in order to:
- Detect early signs of disease and complications
- Assess the effectiveness of bridgework and other procedures
- Prescribe treatments and solutions if a problem is detected
During your initial visit to our office in , the dentist will perform a comprehensive exam on your teeth and gums. During your regular check-ups, the dentist and hygienist will perform the following dental exams:
- Oral Cancer Screening: Cancers of the mouth can have a major impact on how you eat, speak and breathe, so the dentist checks the lips, tongue, throat and skin of the face and neck for signs of cancer.
- Evaluation of Gum disease: Gum disease can develop and progress, even if there are no signs or symptoms. To prevent further damage, the dentist will check the bone and gums for disease.
- Evaluation of Diagnostic X-rays: Not all damage to the teeth occurs on the surface. During dental exams, the dentist will order radiographs, or X-rays, to detect decay, bone loss, and disease. X-rays also determine root and tooth position and can indicate if other procedures are needed to align them.
- Evaluation of Tooth Decay: Decaying teeth left untreated can lead to pain, infection and eventual tooth loss. Out dentist will examine each tooth and its surfaces with specialized instruments to identify tooth decay and determine the proper course of treatment.
- Evaluation of Current Restorations: Even restored teeth aren’t safe from disease and decay. The dentist will check fillings, crowns and other dental work for signs of breakdown and recurrent decay.
Dental exams play a crucial role in maintaining oral health. Don't settle for just any dentist, trust your smile to the experts at Complete Dental Care for high quality care!
Schedule your appointment today.
Questions / concerns?
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding your oral health, we are more than happy to sit down with you and discuss how you can achieve a beautiful, healthy smile.Contact our team